Products that bear the EU Ecolabel logo have been officially distinguished as being amongst the most environmentally friendly in their range. An independent organisation awards the label following ecological criteria that take into consideration all the stages in the life of the product. A multi-stakeholder panel sets up the criteria. The European Commission adopts them officially.
The EU Ecolabel encourages manufacturers to design environmentally friendly products and gives consumers the means to make informed and reliable choices when shopping. Whether you are a manufacturer, a retailer, a consumer, a public or a corporate purchaser, the EU Ecolabel can serve as a reliable guide to green products for you to consider in your purchasing and selling strategies.
The EU Ecolabel…
- can only be awarded to some of the most environmentally friendly products on the market.
- means that the product has undergone strict tests that ensure superior environmental and quality performance.
- guarantees that the environmental impact of the product has been reduced from production to disposal.
- provides valid information to make informed purchasing decisions.
- is easy to spot, thereby simplifying your choices.
- is granted by an independent official body.
- is backed by environmental and consumer organisations all over Europe.
Which products can obtain the EU Ecolabel?
Consumer non-food products and services which generally have a significant impact on the environment. The EU Ecolabel criteria aim at reducing that impact during the entire life-cycle of the product, from production to disposal.
Visit the EU’s official EU Ecolabel -site for more information. If you have any question about the ecolabel in Finland, please contact Ecolabeling Finland, Kirsi Auranmaa (email: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone: +358 400 949 496).